Mayor & Council
Vision: To responsibly guide the policymaking process for the Citizens of Blanco, Texas
Department Mission: The mission of the Blanco City Council is to provide citizens with a safe, clean, environmentally responsible City through responsible development and implementation of services.
- To achieve solvency through fiscal responsibility
- Promote open and honest communication with Blanco Citizens to foster a fully informed and engaged citizenry
- Be transparent in conducting city business
- Promote a spirit of cooperation & collaboration between other government agencies and not-for-profits
- Develop necessary policies that are effective, consider future development and environmental sustainability
- Promote the City of Blanco
- Develop, expand & leverage the City's positive relationships with external organizations, utilities & government.
The City of Blanco has a city council with 5 seats and a mayor. Each serves a two-year term.
2nd Tuesday of the month at Byars Building (308 Pecan Street)* at 6 p.m. Agendas posted online and at City Hall 72 hours before meetings.
*Starting in October 2021, City Council meetings will be held at the Gem of the Hills (2233 US-281) due to COVID-19. This space will provide us with more room to spread out.
Mayor's Office Hours: Monday-Friday. By appointment only, contact Mayor Lumpee at firstname.lastname@example.org or (830) 833-4525 ex. 100 to schedule an appointment.
View Codified City Ordinances Here
(last updated 5/11/21)