Highway 281 Task Force
A “Highway 281 Task Force” is created to commence action related to the further and possible expansion and development of Highway 281.
Click here to read the resolution.
3rd Thursday of every month in the Byars Building (308 Pecan Street) at 11 a.m. Agendas are posted online and at City Hall 72 hours before meetings.
TxDOT Public Meeting Information
- An in-person TxDOT public meeting will take place on Sept. 29, 2022, from 5-7 p.m. at the Blanco High School cafeteria (1215 4th Street)
- A virtual TxDOT public meeting will take place on Sept. 29, 2022, at 5 p.m. through Oct. 14, 2022, at 11:59. p.m.
- Proposed improvements include:
- Widening the roadway to create a four-lane divided roadway within a typical right of way ROW) of 450 ft. The four-lane roadway would include two lanes in each direction and shoulders.
- Separating travel lanes by adding a grassy median to preserve flexibility in the corridor to accommodate transportation improvements in the future.
- Adding median crossovers with acceleration and deceleration lanes at regular intervals.
- Adding right-turn lanes at various intersections.
- Designing roadway transitions North and South of the city of Blanco to tie into existing four-lane sections.
- Upgrading the US 281/US 290 interchange.
- This public meeting will exclude the study of a relief route around the city of Blanco, which is being studied as part of a separate project.
The virtual public meeting contains the pre-recorded presentation and meeting materials such as the display ad, fact sheet, presentation and script, and exhibit boards.
Please note that the member list below is not complete at this time. These are simply members that were mentioned at the City Council meeting on August 9. Interested citizens should send an email to the Mayor, at email@example.com.